I dont know who reads this besides Thor's Grandparents, but for those of you who don't know I broke my back about a two and a half weeks ago. I found out this morning from the MRI and I am going to see a specialist tomorrow. I can walk around fine and even lift up the toilet seat all by my self so don't be alarmed. I don't know the extent of the injury but I suspect that it is minimal (just a small fracture) because I don't take pain meds and I feel fine. I guess there goes the ski season and my season pass!!!
Anyway, on to what you have REALLY come for, Thor is 11lbs 11oz and 23". He can hold up his head (with the help of duct tape) and he is beginning to smile. He sleeps 7hrs regularly through the night and 9hrs once (that means 9 hours of sleep for Jackie w/o the booby call). I am very proud of my son, he can fart like a pro! Or its just Jackie blaming it on him (from across the room). So far Thor has gone; rock climbing, backpacking, frisbee golfing, and sky diving. OK OK maybe not the second one.
Enjoy the cute Turd Machine (Thor not me):
I will be missing climbing for a while since I broke my back so these are for my great memories:
Figured you guys have never seen pictures of my work... here they are:
4 comments:
What?! How did you break your back?! You sound so casual about it, but that can't ever be a good thing. At least you get more time with the kid. He's really cute. I like all the face shots. Rene said to post a picture of the green worm. I don't know what that means, but please do so. We love you!
Brice was rock climbing and a piece of gear ripped out. It was about a 15-20ft drop and he hit the ground. The doc said he'd have the brace (removable) on for 10-12 weeks. From there he is home free, sorta. He is doing good though.
Jackie
Great rock climbing pics Brice! I need get back to the states so we can go. May i will put my own anchors in the rock though :) Hope your back gets better sooner than later.
Chris
The Portwood family needs a myspace or facebook account...its where Travis and all of keep in touch and post pics.
Chris
Post a Comment